Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, 2011


Stop the presses.....the sun is out! This is big news in the northeast in the middle of February.
The days are long and dark; the snow is dirty and the ice is unforgiving. Right about this time,
I always begin to wonder what the heck I am doing living here. And then, one minute at a time, the days get a little longer, the light begins to shift and we have a couple days in a row above freezing. One day this week, I could smell the salt in the air from the ocean. I am not sure what this means, but it felt hopeful!

The Wellness Challenge continues. I averaged 5655 steps per day my first week. I have to say that the pedometer is a great motivator for me. I love looking at it during the day and thinking about what I have to do to make my number higher. For an exercise delinquent like myself, this is a great new obsession!

I heard a great old song on the radio this week, The Love I Lost by Harold Melvin 
and the Bluenotes. This is from 1973; the era of really good soul/rhythm & blues music. I grew
up on this music, and still today, when I hear it, I am back in Evanston, IL, riding my bike along the lakefront with my sisters. Free, simple, not many worries in my mind. A great feeling....music has the power to do this to us.

Today the sun is out, I feel good and the Egyptian people stood up for what is right.
It is a good day!

Expect good things....

No comments: